Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Just Livin' Life

Every day seems so busy, but it's not because we go and do very much. I guess that's just what it's like when you have little kids: wake up, feed them, get them ready for the day, play, feed them, get out (if we're lucky), nap time, feed them, survival until Dad gets home, get them ready for bed, put them in bed. Exhausted.

Feed Them. I'm not sure what Ginger is looking for, but she's sporting some super-cute Minnie Mouse underwear.
Get them ready for the day. I like to encourage them to do as much getting ready on their own as they can. Ginger may have taken it to the extreme by trying to put on some of Mommy's eyeliner. She had the right idea, though!
Play.
Feed them.
Get out. Since the weather has been nicer recently, it has been a lot easier to go out and play (in our own back yard!).
Nap time. I really just want them to sleep so that I can sleep. (Rocco likes nap time too).
Feed them. I cannot think of a more suitable bib for a child of Brandon's.
Survival until Dad gets home. Edison is usually so happy and smiley, but when he's had enough, he's HAD ENOUGH!
Get them ready for bed. They love a good bath at the end of the day!
Put them to bed. Lately, Ginger has not wanted to go to sleep at night. Imagine my surprise when at 10:30pm, I turn around to see Ginger holding her potty seat up to her face saying "look at my costume!" (don't worry, we clean it thoroughly after each use...obviously we can never be too careful about that)


Just as a P.S., I love the following sequence (note our slide is very steep and very fast--he usually doesn't actually go down the slide):
Edison. Just enjoying it up there at the top of the slide.
He realizes that Ginger is coming, and coming fast. He's gotta make a move, or he knows he's toast.
He decides that his only option is to go for it. He rolled over, and slid down the slide on his tummy. I don't have the last shot because I was running to catch him before he hit the ground. But talk about guts, man!

1 comment: