Sunday, February 20, 2011

Edison: Muscle Man...and other fun things

Edison is in that funny in-between stage when he sometimes takes two naps a day, and sometimes he only takes one. On the days when he only takes one, that usually means that there is no overlap between his nap and Ginger's nap. Let's just say that we've had to find fun things to do at home, because we don't get out very much these days (someone is always taking a nap). Thank goodness for the nice weather, because being able to play in our yard has really helped us to stay sane!

One afternoon, Edison and I went out to play on the deck--it is much easier for him to walk around on the deck than in our yard. Actually, I went out to read while Edison played on the deck. So, I was thoroughly engrossed in my potty-training book, and I heard this CRASH! Edison had knocked over our snow shovel (still there because we never know when a freak snow storm will hit these days). The next thing I knew, he was lifting up the handle and pushing (and pulling) it around the deck. The shovel itself is metal, and not at all light. This boy is strong! If only I had known this before--I would have had HIM shovel our snow the last time. Maybe he'll get his chance this week, we're supposed to get snow again. (Just kidding about making him shovel, but I was really impressed).

He also discovered that he can open and close the screen door. He spent about 15 minutes just going in and out of the house using this door. And now he gets so mad whenever I let the dogs out, and he doesn't get to go out too. Sorry buddy!
That's my boy!

Ginger has gotten really excited about going to the library recently. Mostly because they have some stuffed animals at the library that she can play with. But she does like to bring home new books and read them. She has me read them to her once so that she knows the story, and then she wants to "read" them by herself after that. It's cute listening to her remembering the story when she looks through the book (and even funnier when she makes up her own deviations from the story).



Recently, Ginger and Edison have been having a lot of fun together. Brandon and I will often hear them laughing at each other when they wake up in the morning. I am so excited for this new phase of life when Ginger and Edison can actually play together! One day this week, during lunch, they just could not stop laughing at each other! Edison would make funny sounds, and they'd laugh. Then Ginger would make funny faces, and they'd laugh. This went on and on for a really long time! It was so hilarious! (of course when I got the camera out, they stopped laughing, but I at least have a couple of pictures to help me remember that they had been laughing)


Mia is always hanging around during meal times to see if she'll get lucky with some fallen food. Let's be honest, Edison is happy to throw food down to Mia.

1 comment:

  1. They are so cute! I think a dog as clean and nice as Mia a a perfect dust buster.

    ReplyDelete